My Account
Cart 0

Dos Almas Gran Reserva Red Blend

3,295 KShs

Hailing from the Maipo Valley in: Chile, this Gran Reserva Blend – is a combination of: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Carmenere, 13% Syrah & 7% Petit Verdot. 70% of the wine, was aged for: 10 months, half in: American Oak & hald in: French Oak – with the remaining, 30% kept in: stainless steel tanks 

Intense aromas of: black & red fruits! Blackberry and red berries, with a perfectly balanced structure and smooth tannins! Balanced on the body, with a: persistent finish, leaving notes of: spices, chocolate and vanila. 

Cellaring: this wine, can be aged for up to: 7 years (in good cellaring conditons)

Country: Chile 
Region: Maipo Valley 
ABV: 13%
Suggested Food Pairings: Pair with: semi-ripe cow or goat’s cheese. It allows, for a wide spectrum of food options! Particularly, beef, pork, and game! Stews, and spicy dishes.. Also, pairs well with: charcuterie and grilled sausages 

Maipo Valley is one of Chile’s most important wine-producing regions. Located just south of the capital, Santiago, Maipo Valley is home to some of the country’s most prestigious wines. It is often described as the ‘Bordeaux of South America’, and rich, fruit-driven Cabernet Sauvignon is undoubtedly its most celebrated wine style.

Maipo is at the very northern end of Chile’s extensive Central Valley, running from just north of the Rapel Valley up to where the countryside begins to give way to houses and roads in the southern suburbs of Santiago.

The Coastal Range separates the area from the Pacific coast, and on the eastern side, the Andes Mountains rise suddenly and dramatically, separating Maipo from the Argentinean region of Mendoza.

The Wine Shop Kenya
© 2024 The Wine Shop Limited