Patriarche Merlot

2,095 KShs

The palate is silky and well-rounded with good tannins and a long length. Initial aromas of: black fruits followed, by: spicynotes.

CountryFrance. Pays d’Oc, Languedoc (Hérault, Aude) & the Ardèche.
Remarks85%Merlot, from the Paysd’Oc, harvested on soils of quartz gravels, sandy marl on sandstone, the grapes, by their optimal maturity, bring aromatic power. The remaining 15% are Merlots from the vintages of the heart from the Ardèche vineyards on clay-limestone soils which provide finesse and fruitiness. Exclusively aged in stainless steel vats to keep all the freshness and expression of the fruit.

ABV: 13.5% vol
Suggested Food Pairings: An easy-drinking wine! fresh and pleasant. Pair with: Cheeses, grilled & roasted meats, and hearty pastas

Product Description

The Signature ‘Patriarche Père et Fils’ is one of the oldest, in: Burgundy. It embodies 240 years of tradition in: Burgundy wines.

A unique expertise. It is the sign of: quality products, a legacy with particular character. It’s the company’s benchmark brand.

The winery boasts the most extensive cellars in the Burgundy region with “caves” that extend for five kilometres under the streets of Beaune and which contain thousands of bottles of fine wine from the company’s long and distinguished history.

The ownership of the business has only passed through a handful of families since his time and was built up to its present importance by the Boisseaux family post World War II. It is now a part of the Castel Group who are Bordeaux-based, but the management of the Burgundy business is still in Beaune. 

Patriarche has upped their game in the classic Appellations in recent vintages, winning: a string of gold and silver medals in: Decanter World Wine Awards, IWC and IWSC as the investment in buying better wine and better oak barrels, and working more closely with a few top estates continues to pay off.

Patriarche Père et Fils wines are available, in many countries and represent: the wealth of French wines.